1/02/2007

collage therapy

"An application of collage as an art form has been made in clinical psychology, and has been established as collage therapy. This paper attempted to answer the following questions: What kind of behavior people show during production of collage work; how the production behavior differs from person to person; what causes the behavior differences. The framework of creative problem solving and behavior analysis technique with VTR were used, and behavior characteristics of mentally retarded subjects (N = 20) were compared with non-retarded adults (N = 20)."


I wonder what my results would have looked like.....That clinical quote had me kinda queezy...I don't like the thought of being examined and compared..... The following is a newsgroup post....

"Collage Therapy....
... this is another one from my awesome therapist....
What you do is go through magazines and cut out pictures and words that just "speak" to you or mean something to you. Happy, sad, angry, whatever reflects what you are feeling or struggling with or happy about.
Then you glue it onto construction paper...
There aren't many rules to collage therapy, just like EPT therapy.
Just think about how you are feeling and what's on your mind...
cut out pictures and words...
glue them on....
sit back and reflect"...

..."I am addicted to collage making. You know you are addicted to collage therapy when....
Every situation or upset that comes along I automatically think... I gotta make a collage!!
I look at magazines on the shelves at the store and automatically look for good collage material.
When I get a new magazine in the mail the first thing I think is: "Yay! New collage tonight!""...

"The art therapist at the last hosp I was at said if you use pictures in your collage more that is more expressed from your heart. If you use words more it is expressed from your mind. Not sure if I agree with that or not (cause I use like all words) but just want to see what y'all think about that"...

hmmmmm. collage therapy. i wonder when exactly I will be cured....

No comments:


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.