1/15/2009

Facebook yet?


"Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them."
Whatever.
It's viral. Honestly.
I joined facebook in October of '07. It was quiet out there back then. Not many people had signed on I guess and for a time there...I forgot it even existed. Till my local friends and the people at my day job started to discover it over the last few weeks. And now it's a crazy phenom. I hate to admit...the gene pool is pretty small here and everyone is either related, or was related and got divorced. A lot of people signed up and then encouraged their family, and the next thing you knowBut if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
So by association, I have been dragged into the crazy communicative world of Facebook. I see a lot of artists out there...it's the new MySpace they say.
Since I am surrounded by facebook freaks at this point, I decided to go ahead and upload some art and try to do some interacting. I started a group called Collage as Fine Art. You know how hard I try to portray collage as a professional thing...and not a hobby. I don't know what the group will accomplish, or where it will lead, but I am announcing it here so that if you are on Facebook, you can look me up, befriend me, and Join the Group! Post your pics...maybe we can do some critiques there! Instead of the usual "oh, that's cool!" comments I would think we could all benefit from some real commentary. Some Meat. (sorry vegans.)

Here's a link to my facebook profile page.
I am Julie Sadler if you need to do a search and the link doesn't work.
Peace out peeps.

No comments:


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.