4/12/2007

Joseph Cornell Retrospective Coming Up!!

Joseph Cornell
Untitled
1967, collage of magazine photographs, book
illustration, ink, and pencil, 12 x 9 in. (30.5 x 22.9 cm.)
The Huntington Library, Art Collections,
and Botanical Gardens
Gift of the Joseph and Robert Cornell
Memorial Foundation


Can you imagine it??? 180 of Joseph Cornells works all in one space and viewable all at ONCE????? Wowza!
Honestly, I am going to have to make the trip to Salem to see this exhibit. Seriously folks.
This retrospective features collage works as well as his famous box assemblages. I am really excited about this. Cornell is a real inspiration of mine. I look forward to seeing this and feasting my eyes and my soul.....

Joseph Cornell: Navigating the Imagination
APRIL 28, 2007 THROUGH AUGUST 19, 2007
Peabody Essex Museum
Salem, MA

Go to their site, and read more about this under exhibitions.

No comments:


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.