7/11/2011

Shellstar machine

Shellstar machine by misphit
Shellstar machine, a photo by misphit on Flickr.

Aaaah. The Days of Summer 2011.
So far my days and nights consist of dreams. I am in a land within my head, and dreaming of ocean love. My fiancé Chris and I are getting married next month...August 20. Our honeymoon will be spent in BoothBay Harbor Maine. I am making this special wedding album for my husband-to-be. It's been fabulous fun to be back on the collage table after the rigorous exercises I have put myself thru as of late. I cannot believe how the inspiration just gushes when my mind is "in" something. I am so very excited, so this art feels like an overflowing tsunami.
Please enjoy this page from the wedding album. It's my personal fave.

3 comments:

Monkeybrain said...

First of all... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to you and Chris! Awesome! I'm happy for the both of you. Secondly, WOW! I love the two piece you just posted. I can sense that these works are coming from a very special place within Julie. GREAT work! LOVE it!

Julie Takacs said...

thanks steven. I am amazed at how easily it can flow from within when one's spirit is involved.
:)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, I love these collages! Congrats on the wedding-enjoy the bliss.


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.