11/19/2007

Winter Rodentia - Artists Book with Tyvek Pouch




Front and Back Covers of Winter Rodentia

I did an altered book/collage story a couple of years ago. I spent time this summer producing a unique limited edition book from it called "Winter Rodentia". I really enjoy making books and this one I spent extra time designing. I did a simple design for the cover, so I could make original art for all the books. I also wanted to try using Tyvek and came up with a little pouch for this book. Sewing tyvek is like sewing fabric! It's great stuff!

Winter Rodentia
Limited Edition of 20
A charming story of rodents and their adventures in winter is the subject of this small storybook. This little book sports a hand collaged cover and no 2 are alike. The edges are bound with beads and it slides into its own full color and sewn crinkled Tyvek slipcase.
• 4" x 5.375", laser printed, 20 pages with original collage artwork on the cover
• Bound with winter white waxed linen and vintage beads
• Signed and numbered by Julie Sadler
• Crinkled Tyvek slipcase pouch with rat on cover
• 4 random rodent stickers

crinkled tyvek pouch

Sample Page

The Limited Edition Set

Limited Edition Book with original cover and Tyvek pouch can be found for sale here, at my Etsy shop.

No comments:


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.