3/16/2007

Su Blackwell




Altho I usually try to keep this a collage specific blog, sometimes I just can't resist posting other art related coolness!
I came across the work of Su Blackwell this morning while looking thru my bookarts list. This is some really unique work, similar to assemblage I think in concept anyhow! The book is part of the artwork, but not in the usual manner. Su actually uses the book as a piece of the work. Boxed frames, lights, and beautiful cut work are characteristic of her pieces. Her website has a bunch of really nice examples to look at. There is even a really cool little movie presentation she has on there called The Snow Queen that I really was digging...
i just love how creative people are. isn't it great?

No comments:


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.