12/22/2006

Laura Lein-Svencner


Laura is a busy collage artist in Illinois. Her site is loaded with images and information. Laura is a co-founder and president of the Midwest Collage Society; a group based in the western suburbs of Chicago. She is a fellow Human Artefakts exhibitor, and also spearheaded our exhibition there at Artful Gatherings, Lemont, IL, from May 2 to May 27 2006. That's a subject for an entire new blog entry! I was grateful for all the orgranization required on her end...Her work can be seen on her site

It is great to know about societies of Collagists. I know I have been remiss in not joining the National Collage Society. I have wanted to do this for a few years now, but it never became top priority. I think it is good to band together and promote collage as a whole. I am comparing collage to photography; it is a particular branch of creativity. It is a study of it's own. There are photography groups and photographic societies...It would be excellent to know that techniques and knowledge could be shared person to person in a collage society.
Then again, I have been living out in the woods. Maybe I am ultra sensitive to the group thing!
I will have to look and see if there is anything like this existing in upstate NY.

No comments:


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.