11/28/2007

D.I.Y. or DIE

Do It Your Own Damn Self!
How to Survive as an Independent Artist

This is a sweet little flick for those who are taking the reins in their own art careers and making their own decisions on where their arts will take them. Lots of folks from all sorts of backgrounds share their thoughts, FEATURING interviews and performances from::
Lydia Lunch, Ian MacKaye (Fugazi), J Mascis (Dinosaur jr.), Jim Rose (Jim Rose Sideshow), J.G.Thirlwell (Foetus), Mike Watt (Minutemen), Richard Kern (Filmmaker), Ron Asheton (Stooges), Madigan Shive (Bonfire Madigan), Dave Brockie (Gwar) and more. DIY or DIE was directed by Michael W. Dean and edited by Miles Montalbano.

The entire DVD is available by viewing on youtube in 8 segments. I find the whole DIY thing empowering. I go through this train of thought...I want to do it. I can do it. There's no reason that I can't do it. I will Do It My Own Damn Self!!

No comments:


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.