1/13/2011

She pulled the wind from the sky and birthed a forest


The sky was pale and ominous and the sun tried to penetrate. She pulled the wind from the sky and began to birth a forest.

I told myself I could do whatever I wanted on this canvas, since I just did 2 really tedious pieces. The watercolor was done from memory of a scene behind where I work. I have in mind to build up off the paper and try to make the objects appear to come out at you. In this case it's quite literal, as the netting reaches up off the paper and closer to the viewer.

2 comments:

Monkeybrain said...

Really nice! Love the colors... and the narrative!

Motherkitty said...

Wow! I love this. It gives me an amazing feeling. I can't quite describe it, but it's a feeling I often got when I was a kid, and found it an unusual and rather wonderfully serene feeling. Thanks for you vision.


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.