1/31/2010

Try number 2 and 3


Into the deep forest on a solstice night
This second piece was totally my own, with no input from Lithuanian sources. I wanted to come up with something that could be the deep forest on the solstice night. It might be too busy. I am going to simplify a bit and try again. The birds seem corny, but part of the reward of finding the blossom is the knowledge of understanding them.

Searching for the Fern Blossom
The third piece was a product of me attempting this with a different technique. Instead of painting the whole thing and attaching the collage, I wanted to sort of paint and collage at the same time. In doin so, I lost the 2-toned reverse thing that I had going on. Took my time using pen and ink on the ferns. This one lacks the folk look I was trying to achieve, but the loose collage and stencil--it still turns me on.

2 comments:

Monkeybrain said...

Really like the into the forrest piece Julie. I don't think it is too busy at all because of the saturated colors. Strong and pleasing at the same time. Nice job!

Taylor Bara said...

Take a look here https://fivebestvpn.com/review/private-internet-access/ for a Private Internet Access review, Julie!


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.