2/21/2010

Instruction Manual for Tree Isolation Unit-Animation

I am working on animating the Prediction pieces for a live performance in Philadelphia on April 2. The details are still being worked out for the show, but in the meanwhile, I got to work this weekend, and finished up the first of 6 collage animations.
It's a bizarre process. I scan in the completed work. I open it in Photoshop and use the pen tool to isolate various portions of interest. I save all these as individual .png files. Next, it's off to Flash for animation. I import all the little tidbits and begin mixing them. It's the most fun part of all, watching everything come alive. Finally, I pair up sounds with the objects, and of course now I am usually brimful with the pleasure of creation. You get another dimension of the artwork...Welcome to the inside of my head....


3 comments:

Monkeybrain said...

Awesome Julie! You should run a workshop to teach the process. I'm sure it would be a great hit with collagists like me.

Torma Cauli said...

Bravo!

Planet Susannia said...

Absolutely brilliant!


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.