9/27/2007

Flickr and YOU

I recently posted about an event that happened to me while I was using a picture I culled from flickr. Today I saw this, a little video clip from CNN about a young girl who's picture was taken by someone, posted on flickr, and then used for an Australian Virgin mobile ad. Imagine the horror of seeing yourself in a TV commercial, when you didnt' even know about it...???? The parents of the girl are suing. I am glad this is on the legal table. The copyright laws in this country are ambiguous, difficult to understand and they leave a cloud of uncertainty over anyone who does collages' head. There are so many new ways to get an image now, and it is high time someone got down to business, pushed the envelope and made some laws that we could actually support, follow and understand!!
Follow this link to CNN and watch this short video for more.

No comments:


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.