2/07/2011

i am a collage assembly line

I am working on a project for my daughter. She is getting married in May and her shower is in March down in Wilmington, NC. I volunteered to make centerpieces for the shower and this has had me collaging my brains out.
The theme for the wedding decor is black and white. She has used music motifs in her invitations (which I also designed for her...) and I wanted to include these ideas in my project.
saturday
I made 12 collages so far, 8 x 7 in size. They will be scanned and printed. Then I will create table cards out of the prints.
The originals? I plan to bind them in a book that i will present to her at the shower.

It's meant a whole lot of crazy collaging and with this theme, I can relax and not worry so much about composition. It's been fun. But I feel like an assembly line!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is so sweet. I am sure she will love and treasure them always.

Monkeybrain said...

VERY cool Julie! I'm sure it means a lot to her!

Liv said...

Nice!


___A place to find all kinds of information about collage.